While using Nagma for your Tabla practice you will need to set these 4 items in your instrument.
1. The Taal you want to practice.
2. Your selection of Raag (Tune) for that Taal.
3. Set the Nagma pitch to that of your tabla.
4. Select your Laya & speed for practice.
1. Plug in the mains cord; two pin male socket into your AC power supply & female socket in the male socket of the instrument.
Note: Add-on flat two pin AC converters available.
2. Switch on the instrument using the Nagma knob.
Note: The display indicates the last used Taal.
3. Press Taal key & the display will indicate different options of Taal. Select the desired Taal by navigating with the Up & Down key and press Ok key to set the Taal for your practice.
4. Press Raag key & the display will indicate different options of Raag. Select the desired Raag by navigating with the Up & Down key and press Ok key to set the particular Raag of that Taal for your practice.
Note: Each Taal has a set of Raag to be selected from.
5. Press Start key and the Nagma is heard. Adjust the volume by using the Nagma Knob. The display indicates the Matras as the Nagma is played.
6. Press Sur key while Nagma is playing and the display changes to indicate the present Sur at which the Nagma is being played. Pressing the Up & Down key helps in reaching the desired Sur.
Note: Sur is displayed in both Hindustani & Western notations (Safed 1 - C).
7. For fine tuning of Sur, press the Sur Fine key followed by either Up or Down key as required.
Note: When the display extreme right indicates “<C> " at Fine Sur it means that the Main Sur is at its natural Note : As you press Down key you will notice the display at extreme right changing to " << " symbol indicating that the Sur you are hearing is lower than the natural note. Similarly when the Up key is pressed Nagma displays " >> " symbol on the extreme right of the display indicating that the Sur you are hearing is higher than that natural note.
8. Press Laya and the display indicates the Laya at which the instrument is playing. Change the Laya by pressing the Up or Down key. This sets the required Laya of the instrument for your practice.
Note: The display shows Dhrut Laya, Madhya Laya or Vilimbit Laya as per your selection.
9. Press Speed and then the Up or Down key to set the required speed.
Note: The display indicates the speed in beats per minute.